An added layer to decrease background for improved imaging of blots and gels
• Better images by removing background fluorescence and stray light
• Improved signal to noise ratios
• Simple – just place sheet under the blot or gel
• Compatible with chemiluminescent and fluorescent Western blots
• Compatible with DNA gels and protein stains – including SYBR green, SYBR Gold, ethidium bromide, SYPRO® Orange, SYPRO Ruby and more
Use Advansta’s Background Quenching Sheets to obtain the best images of chemiluminescent Western blots and fluorescent blots and gels.
Placed under chemiluminescent blots during CCD imaging, the Background Quenching Sheets eliminate noise that can occur with plastic wrap. Stray light entering the imaging system, or emitted from extremely bright bands, can reflect off of the plastic wrap, increasing background that becomes especially apparent during long exposures.
Improve chemiluminescent Western blots. Use of a background quenching sheet under a chemiluminescent blot reduces noise that results when stray light scatters off plastic wrap.
Placed under the blot or gel during imaging with epi illumination, these sheets absorb background fluorescence in the imaging environment such as that resulting from contamination of equipment.
Improve fluorescent DNA gels. The use of a background quenching sheet greatly reduces the background fluorescence observed when imaging a DNA gel stained with SYBR® Safe